First Driverless Metro In India 2020
Driverless train: Prime Minister Modi launches
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the driverless, automated ‘Metro’ train service in Delhi on the 28th.
Metro train service, known as ‘Magenta Line’, runs for 37 km between Janakpuri West – Botanical Gardens, Delhi. On the 28th, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the first fully automated train service on this route.
In addition, the NCMC, also known as the National Public Operations Card Service, will be introduced on the New Delhi – Dwarka Division, Route 21. The card, called NCMC, reads, ‘One country; Introduced under the ‘One Card’ scheme. This card can be used not only for metro train travel, but also for bus travel across the country, toll booth and parking fees. In addition, the facility has been developed to use this card to buy goods in stores, withdraw money at ATMs.
Features of the new Metro trains:
1. Fixed six car trains with 67% Motor cars instead of 50% in earlier trains, ie, each six car train will have four Motor cars and two trailer cars*
- Higher acceleration resulting in 10% increase in scheduled speed.
- Higher regeneration resulting in lower energy consumption by 20%.
2. Wider carbody of 3.2m wide against earlier design of 2.9m wide car body on Standard Gauge.
3. Maximization of Passenger carrying space
- Equipments placed beneath the Seats to release additional space (2.0 sqm) for 12 more passengers.
- Wider gangway (1120mm as compared to 1030mm).
- Increased space in Unattended Train Operation (UTO) mode (approx 5.0 sqm), Overall approx 40 more passenger in the driver’s Car (since the driver’s cabin would be removed in case of ‘driverless’ operation).
4. Passenger Comfort and Convenience
- Provision of Wi-Fi internet facility in trains.
- Digital Route Map- 37 inch LED type, fully programmable with dynamic change of split screens.
- Fully programmable LCD screens with videos, graphics, animations, real time video streaming.
- Improved air circulation.
- Charging Point + USB port facility.
- Provision of Lumber support/Backrest near wheel chair area.
- Redesigned Grab rail/ pole layout.
5. Noise Reduction Measures
- Improved Floor Design with high density ceramic wool insulation
- Wheel with noise dampers
- Curve actuated WFL & HPF for reducing squealing noise on curve.
6. Aesthetic exterior/ Interior design with:
- Aero Dynamic front profile with wide Wind screen glass with front evacuation arrangement.
- Aesthetically designed energy efficient LED head lights and marker lights.
- Ceramic Coated Aluminum Interior Panel with superior finish, Improve floor covering & Wheel chair marking on floor, Colourful Passenger Seats.
7. Energy Efficient Design
- Higher Regeneration.
- LED saloon lights with automatic dimming facility based on ambient light.
- Inverter controlled energy efficient HVAC System with eco friendly R-407C refrigerant.
8. Designed for Unattended Train Operation (UTO) mode of operation
- Remote Control of Trains: Starting and stopping, acceleration & braking, operation of doors and handling of emergencies are fully automated without any on board staff.
- Two way communication between Operation Control Centre (OCC) & Train.
- Live streaming from inside car CCTV system to OCC & vice versa.
- Obstruction Deflection Device (ODD) is installed to push away small obstructions on track to avoid derailment.
- Additional 2 Front Facing Cameras (DM)+ 1 Detrainment Camera (DM)