Gangasagar Mela Special Train
EASTERN RAILWAY TO RUN EMU SPECIAL TRAINS DURING GANGASAGAR MELA
To clear the anticipated rush of pilgrims during Gangasagar Mela – 2022, Eastern Railway will run 12 Galloping EMU Mela Special trains between 12 & 17 January, 2022 from Sealdah South / Kolkata / Lakshmikantapur / Namkhana / Kakdwip. Besides, 03 regular local trains in the section will be extended during the aforesaid period.
Out of 12 EMU Mela special, 03 trains will leave from Sealdah South, 02 trains from Kolkata station, 05 trains from Namkhana, 01 train from Lakshmikantapur and01train from Kakdwip.
These Mela Special trains will leave Sealdah South at 6.15 hrs., 14.40 hrs., 16.24 hrs., from Kolkata station at 7.35 hrs. & 21.30 hrs. and in return direction from Namkhana at 09.10 hrs., 11.18 hrs., 18.35 hrs., 19.05 hrs.& 02.05 hrs, from Kakdwip at 14.40 hrs and from Lakshmikantapur at 23.15 hrs.
On 14.01.2022, the Kolkata – Namkhana Down Galloping EMU special via Majerhat – Ballygunj – Laxmikantapur will leave from Sealdah instead of Kolkata station.
On 16.01.2022 (Sunday), EMU trains in Lakshmikantapur – Namkhana – Lakshmikantapur sectiOn will run as weekday’s service.
The Galloping Mela Special trains will stop at Ballygunj, SOnarpur, Baruipur, Lakshmikantapur, Nischindapur & Kakdwip stations.
REGULATION OF CIRCULAR RAILWAY TRAIN SERVICES FOR FACILITATING HOLY BATH ON ‘MAKAR SANKRANTI’ IN THE RIVER GANGES
For facilitating Holy bath in the river Ganges on the occasion of “Makar Sankranti”, morning services of Circular Railway trains will be controlled on 14.01.2022 (Friday).
Accordingly, the following arrangements in train running have been made:-
- Four pairs of Circular Railway EMU locals will be short terminated at / originated from Tala station.
- Two pairs will be diverted to terminate at/originate from Sealdah (North)
- Two trains will be diverted via Kankurgachi – Ballygunge route to Majerhat and two trains will be diverted via Ballygunge – Dumdum Jn. route from Majerhat.
- One pair will be diverted to terminate at/originate from Ballygunge.
- One pair Circular Railway local short terminate at / originated from Ballygunge and diverted via Ballygunge-Kankurgachi.
- One pair Circular Railway local will remain cancelled on that day.
Ganga Sagar Mela, also known as Ganga Sagar Yatra or Ganga Snan, is the annual gathering of Hindu pilgrims to take holy dip in River Ganga before She merges in the Bay of Bengal Sea during Makar Sankranti at Sagar Island or Sagardwip in West Bengal, India. Ganga Sagar Mela 2022 date is 13 Jan 2021 – 15 Jan 2022.
Every year Indian Railway Declaration of Ganga Sagar Mela Special trains Reservation, Ganga Sagar Mela Route , Ganga Sagar Mela booking date and Time table. So, we expect soon, Eastern Railway Gangasagar Mela Special Train announces.