Indian Railway Week National Awards 2021
Notification for calling of nominations for 66th Railway Week National Award 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
NO.2020 / O&M / 12 / 4
All Indian Railways / PUs
DG / NAIR & DG / RDSO
CAO / DMW,Patiala & RWP / Bela
Sub: 66th Railway Week National Awards 2021
Every year, Railway Week is celebrated from 10th to 16th April During the Central Function of Railway Week, National Award for Outstanding Services is presented to selected Officers / Staff for their exemplary, outstanding and meritorious performance. Railway Week National Award for Outstanding services is the prestigious lifetime award.
2. Nominations for 66 Railway Week National Award are now being called for as per the fresh / revised guidelines indicated at Annexure-I.
2.1 Few important aspects which may be kept in view while forwarding nominations are as under:-
a) An internal screening committee comprising PHOD / HOD may be set up at HQ level to shortlist the nominations. Only really deserving cases be shortlisted and recommended to Board;
b) Prior to submission of nomination to Board, priority number against each nominee be allotted by the concerned GM / CAO / DG;
c) Nominations may strictly be limited to any one of the category as indicated in para 2.2 below. No official be nominated for multiple category as such nominations would not be processed. If required, separate nomination for the same official for different category may be forwarded within the stipulated quota fixed for forwarding nomination;
d) Maximum number of nominations to be forwarded as indicated below be strictly adhered to as excess nomination over and above the quota fixed for ZR / PU / Other unit would not be processed:-
|Railway / PU/ Other Units||Maximum Number of Nominations to be sent||Remark|
|Zonal Railways||10 each||A priority number is also to be accorded for each nominee by the GM / CAO / DG of the unit. The priority number from I to 10 / 1 to 5/ 1 & 2 as the case may be, is irrespective of Department and category of nominee viz Gazetted / Non Gazetted.|
|Production Units||5 each|
|Other Units / NAIR / RDSO||2 each|
e) Nominations for consideration of above award are to be made for the work done upto 31st December and recipient of Railway Week National Award may not be recommended again unless some strong justification exists for the same.
f) Shortlisting of nominations would be as per category of nomination ( not as per Department or Gazetted / Non-gazetted) or as from ZR / PU / Other Unit, accordingly, nominations be thoroughly screened before forwarding it to Board’s Office.
2.1 Categories under which nomination are to be made is as under:-
I. New Innovations / processes / procedures leading to Economy in Expenditure, Improvement in Productivity, Import Substitution etc.
II. Meritorious Acts even in disregard to personal safety leading to protection of life and property on Railways.
III. Special efforts made to increase Eaming / Tackle ticketless travel, Theft, Increase in loading / saving Expenditure etc.
IV. Exemplary work done to improve Operation, Security and Safety, Better maintenance and utilization of assets.
V. Completion of projects in record time.
VI. Outstanding performance in the field of sports leading to National / Intemational recognition.
VII. Outstanding performance in any other field.
2.2 Only soft copy ( one in PDF- not editable) and other in MS-Word ( editable format) with font type ‘Times New Roman- size 14’ be sent through email at firstname.lastname@example.org alongwith CC to vibhuti.singh@.gov.in .
3. Annexure-I, II, III & IV of this letter are available on Railnet and IR official website under the link O&M of Secretary’s Branches for information.
4. Nominations complete in all respects and as per Category ( not as per Department or Gazetted / non-gazetted) alongwith List of Nominations as per Annexure-IV may be forwarded in one lot at secyrb@raiInet.gov.in by 29th January, 2021 positively with a forwarding letter indicating approval of the GM / DG / CAO as the case may be. While forwarding nominations, priority number (accorded by GM / DG / CAO as the case may be) covering all Departments and category should be clearly mentioned against each nominee, in addition, it should be clearly indicated that no D&AR and / or Vigilance case(s) is pending against the concerned employee.
5. The receipt of this letter may be acknowledged through email and Name, Designation, Telephone (P&T and CUG) and Email lD of the coordinating officer of the Railway for the Railway Week Awards be intimated at vibhuti.singh@ gov.in
6. Last date for forwarding the soft copy of nominations viz 29th January, 2021 be strictly adhered to.
Joint Secretary / Railway Board