Installation of Water Vending Machines at Railway Stations
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. 2015/TG -III / 531/1
The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways
(COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 04 OF 2021)
Addendum No.2 to Commercial Circular No.36 of 2015
Sub: Installation of Water Vending Machines (WVMs) at Stations.
Ref: (i) Board’s Commercial Circular No.36 of 2015 dated 16.06.2015.
(ii) Board’s Commercial Circular No. 16 of 2020 dated 08.07.2020.
(iii) WR’s letter no. C45/15/1/ (WVM) Vol. l dated 21.07.2020.
(iv) NCR’s letter no. C-65/Catg./ WVM/NCR dated 01.09.2020.
This refers to CC No. 36 of 2015 and CC No. 16 of 2020 wherein instructions regarding for installation of Water Vending Machines on 1R were issued. The extant guidelines have been examined and reviewed further by Board in view of observations made in the CVC/CTE’s report and clarifications sought by Zonal Railways and following is advised
1. PCCM of the concerned Zonal Railway, in consultation with Finance, is delegated powers to formulate the SBD for WVMs duly incorporating the provisions of extant WVM policy and any other special conditions to suit the technical and operational requirements w.r.t WVMs. Broad guidelines for formulation of SBD are enclosed as Annexure – 1.
2. Para 5.3 and Para 6 of CC N0.6 of 2015 are modified as under:-
Revised Para 5.3 The second packet (Packet-B) will consist of financial bid on license fee in lump sum terms over and above the minimum reserve price. 12% of assessed sales turnover expressed in lump sum terms should be fixed as Minimum License Fee.
Revised Para 6.0 LICENCE FEE
12% of assessed sales turnover expressed in lumpsum terms should be fixed as minimum reserve price in the tenders. Highest bidding in lumpsum terms subject to above minimum reserve price, will be fixed as the license fee.
PCCM of the concerned Zonal Railway, in consultation with finance, shall have full powers lo adopt criteria/ formula for sales turnover assessment for all category of stations which they deem fit depending upon local conditions and also keeping in view the Last Accepted Rate (LAB)/ footfall, volume of traffic of a similar station, for new stations.
At the time of renewal of the licenses or fresh bid for the license, license fee should be enhanced based on actual sales turnover of the unit subject to a minimum for 10% increase over the prevailing license fee of the unit.
There will be no additional charges payable except electricity and water charges, which will be based on actual consumption and chargeable as per Railways policy guidelines on this issue.
3. As regards Schedule of Power (SOP), Zonal Railways are advised to follow the extant instructions/ policy (Refer para 9.3.3 & 9.3.4 of CC No.20/2017 and Board’s letter No.2017/TG-lII/ 600/10 dated 22.09.2017) applicable for catering units in this regard.
4. In reference to Para 2 of the WVM Policy which specifically vests the power with DRMs to decide upon the WVM locations, based on passenger requirement, installation of WVMs in booking offices, waiting rooms etc may also be considered for inclusion in master plan.
5. The above instructions shall be applicable on the prospective tenders of WVM by Zonal Railway.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance (Commercial) Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
DTC (G) as Dir. (T&C)