North East Frontier Railway Performance During 2018-19
N.F. Railway improves its operating performance during 2018-19
During the recently concluded financial year 2018-19, the operating performance of N.F. Railway showed significant improvement in most parameters in regards to passenger and goods operation segments. The achievements are given below in short:
5 long distance trains running with conventional ICF model rakes have been replaced with more passenger friendly LHB model rakes. These are 22501 / 22502 New Tinsukia – Bangalore – New Tinsukia Express, 15621 / 15622 Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Express, 15619 / 15620 Kamakhya – Gaya Express, 12523 / 12524 New Jalpaiguri – New Delhi Express, 12505 / 12506 Northeast Express. With this a total of 7 rakes have been converted to LHB.
- 7 new trains were introduced.
- Terminals of two long distance trains have been changed for better maintenance.
- 302 numbers coaches added during the period to clear rush of passenger.
- Journey of 7 trains were extended to fulfil demand of passenger.
- Frequency of 1 train was increased.
- 24 new stoppages of various trains were provided at various stations.
In the Goods sector also, the overall performance showed marked improvement over last year. Some of them are given below:
- The average speed of Goods carrying trains increased by 4.7% over last year.
- New loading / un-loading terminals for Goods trains were opened at Bokajan, Digboi, Tetelia and Sorbhog stations during the year for ease of customers.
- Loading of Gypsum increased by 21.4 % over last year.
- Loading of Dolomite increased by 13.8 % over last year.
- Loading of Fertiliser increased by 13.2 % over last year.
- Loading of Container increased by 7.2 % over last year.
- Loading of POL increased by 2.7 % over last year.