Rail Passengers can Recharge their Smart Card online
- Passengers can recharge the smart card initially with minimum of Rs 100 for purchase of tickets.
Smart cards are used for purchasing of UTS Tickets through ATVMs
All Digital Payments like Debit Cards, Internet Banking and UPI are accepted
Indian Railways, on its path of digitalization, has put one more step forward towards facilitating rail passengers without the need to stand in queue for purchasing Unreserved Tickets through Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs). Rail users who possess Smart Cards for purchasing Unreserved Tickets & Platform Tickets can now recharge their Cards through online mechanism by registering on “UTS on mobile” Web Portal.
Earlier, every time the money was exhausted in their smart cards, the passengers had to visit the booking counters for recharging their cards. To facilitate the rail passengers, Indian Railways have now provided online facility for passengers wanting to recharge their smart cards in digital mode. This will not only help the passengers avoid standing in queues at the booking counter, but also avoids crowding of the passengers at the booking counters, particularly during these pandemic times of Covid-19.
To avail this facility, rail users have to: · Register in the website www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in
- Select the option of “Smart Card Recharge” in the menu.
- Payment can be done through all digital mechanisms like Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking, UPI, etc.
- After getting payment confirmation, system will deduct money and passenger will be prompted to visit ATVM of the concerned Zone within 15 days or expiry of the card, whichever is earlier.
- When passenger keeps smart card on reader at ATVM & chooses “Recharge Smart Card” option then ATVM will automatically fetch details of online recharge done & amount will be topped up on ATVM smart card.
- The smart card balance would then be ready for ticketing purpose & can be used on any ATVM of the concerned Zonal Railway.
Indian Railways have been continuously taking digital initiatives to reduce the crowd at Booking counters by providing various facilities like UTS on Mobile APP, Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs) and Currency operated Ticket Vending Machines (CoTVMs), etc. The Railway Smart Cards allow the passengers to buy Unreserved tickets and Platform tickets without having the need to stand at the counters. Initially to get the Smart Cards, passengers only need to submit valid address proof and other required details at the stations. Thereafter, Passengers can recharge the smart card initially with minimum of Rs 100 for purchase of tickets.
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR has opined that this facility of online recharge is welcoming move in these pandemic times, which saves passengers valuable time and efforts. He also appealed to the valued customers to use this online method so that visiting the UTS counters for recharge can be avoided each and every time.