New Rakes for MMTS Trains Introduced
The Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) services in Hyderabad city got a big boost with the introduction of new modem Rakes (Train Coaches) to run the service. Accordingly, the new rakes for MMTS with 12 Car Coaches have been pressed into service com today i.e., 1st May, 2019. It is planned to introduce more number of the new rakes in a phased manner, which will augment all the existing MMTS services with 03 additional coaches, thereby enabling run all the services with 12 car coach rakes instead of the present 09 coach services.
Salient features of new MMTS 12 car coaches:
- Exterior of the coaches are improvised with different gig- patterns and glossy looks.
- Interior of the coaches beautified with vinyl wrapping and enhanced seating comfort.
- Seating capacity also increased in the existing 9 car rakes the seating capacity is around 700 seats and standing capacity is around 2000.Totaling to 2700 passengers. Whereas the 12 car new rakes seating capacity is around 1150 and standing capacity is around 4000. Totalling to around 5150 passengers.
- LED display inside, outside and head of the coaches to display the direction, destination and approaching station details.
- CCTV Facility in Ladies compartment
- Wider windows with safety mesh
- Roof mounted ventilation unit for Passengers to have proper natural ventilation inside the coaches.
- LCD display in the Drivers cabin (Driver Display Unit) to apprise the user with the necessary data of what exactly is going within the system and it has a user-fiiendly menu driven operation.
- Indication on the coaches in case alarm chain pulled.
- These rakes are having electro pneumatic & Regenerative braking resulting in less power consumption and more brake block life.
- All the coaches are provided with VRLA Batteries of 120 AH for improved lighting.
- Cruise control – constant speed activation
- TCMS – Train control & Management system through computer network