Shri Ramayana Yatra-Sri Lanka Ex Delhi
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. launches “Shri Ramayan Yatra – Srilanka” Ex Delhi an all inclusive and most affordable Outbound tour package for the duration of 05 Nights – 06 Days. The package lets the tourist to witness the significant places associated with Ramayana-an Indian Epic in island nation-Srilanka This package also features the visit to renowned Ashok Vatika (Hakkagala Botanical Garden) and Temples of the ancient time including Munneshwari, Munnawaram, Hanuman Temple, world’s best tea gardens, city tours, Visit to Elephant orphanage.
|Package Name||Shri Ramayana Yatra-Sri Lanka Ex Delhi|
|Origin Airport||Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi|
|Destination Covered||Negombo, Kandy, Nuwara Ellya & Colombo|
|Travelling Mode||By Flight|
|Meal Plan||AP (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)|
|Flight No.||From – To||Departure Time||Arrival Time|
|DEL – CMB||18:35 Hours||22:10 Hours|
|CMB – DEL||14:00 Hours||17:35 Hours|
The Flight timings or schedule is subject to change as per the airlines operational feasibility
Package Tariff: (Per Person)
- Child fare of age 0-2 years would be deposit in cash by customer at IRCTC office at the time of booking.
|Day 01||Delhi – Negombo||15:30 Hrs: Assemble at the departure gate of Indira Gandhi International Airport , Delhi
15:45 Hrs: Proceed for the Check Inn formalities at the airline counter.
18:15 Hrs. Board Flight No. UL196 of Srilanka Airlines
18:35 Hrs. Departure from Delhi to Colombo
22:10 Hrs. Arrival Colombo International Airport. & Proceed for Hotel at Negombo.
23:50 Hrs: Check in at the Hotel at Negombo. Overnight Stay
|Day 02||Negombo – Kandy||08:00 Hrs – Breakfast the Hotel
09:00 Hrs – Check out and proceed to visit Munneshwaram & Munawari Temple.
13:30 Hrs – Lunch at the Indian Restaurant
14:30 Hrs – Local sightseeing of Kandy
17:15 Hrs. Check in to the Hotel at Kandy
20:00 Hrs – Dinner at the Hotel in Kandy. Overnight Stay
|Day 03||Kandy – Nuwara Eliya||08:00 Hrs – Breakfast at the Hotel
09:00 Hrs – Check out the Hotel and proceed for Nuwara Eliya. Enroute Sightseeing of Spice Garden, Ramboda waterfall, Hanuman Temple , Tea Garden.
13:30 Hrs – Lunch at the Indian Restaurant
14:30 Hrs – Resume Sightseeing
18:00 Hrs – Check in to the Hotel at Nuwara Eliya
20:00 Hrs – Dinner at the Hotel in Nuwara Eliya. Overnight Stay
|Day 04||Nuwara Eliya||08:00 Hrs – Breakfast the Hotel.
09:00 Hrs – Proceed for the Sightseeing of Nuwara Eliya covering Gayatri Pedam, Seetha Amman Temple, Hakgala Gardens (Ashok Vatika). Proceed to Divurumpola Temple where Seeta performed Agni Pariksha (Proving her chastity).
13:30 Hrs – Lunch at the Indian Restaurant
14:30 Hrs – Resume Sightseeing
16:00 Hrs – Visit Gregery lake (Including Entry Tickets).
18:00 Hrs – Arrival at the Hotel.
20:00 Hrs – Dinner at the Hotel. Overnight Stay at Nuwara Eliya
|Day 05||Nuwara Eliya – Colombo||07:00 Hrs – Early breakfast
08:00 Hrs – Check out from the Hotel and proceed to Colombo via Pinnawala.
10:45 Hrs – Arrival at Pinnawala & Enjoy Pinnwala Show
13:00 Hrs – Arrival at Colombo Lunch at the Indian Restaurant
14:00 Hrs – Local city tour of Colombo including Anjanier Hanuman temple, Keliniya Vibhishan temple and also free time for Shopping activities
19:00 Hrs – Check-in to the Hotel at Colombo
20:30 Hrs – Dinner & Overnight Stay at the Hotel in Colombo
|Day 06||Colombo – Delhi||09:00 Hrs – Breakfast the Hotel. Check out and proceed directly to the Airport.
11:00 Hrs – Have your pack lunch and Arrival at the Colombo Airport. Proceed for the Check Inn counters of the airline.
14:00 Hrs – Board flight No. UL 195 for Delhi, Flight leaves for Delhi
17:35 Hrs: – Arrival at Delhi. Tour ends
SIGNIFICANCE OF SITES ASSOCIATED WITH “RAMAYANA” IN THIS TOUR
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage:- Located. 55 miles from Colombo, off the Colombo – Kandy road is Pinnawela, where an orphanage was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded elephants. The number of elephants has increased to more than 65 now including Baby Elephants brought from various parts, as well as more than 25 babies born, as a result of the captive breeding programme.
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic:- ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princes’s hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka’s most prized possession. Evening you could witness a cultural performance by various Sri Lankan dancers and musicians.
Nuwara Eliya :- The ‘Little England’ of Sri Lanka, is set against beautiful backdrops of Mountains, Valleys, Waterfalls and Tea Plantations. It is supposed to be one of the coolest places in the Island, but it is really just like an English spring day, although the temperature does drop at night. All around Nuwara Eliya you will see evidence of the British influence, houses like country cottages or Queen Ann style mansions. The Victoria Park, in the middle of the town, is a lovely place for a stroll or a picnic and is also good for Birding as you get some rare birds in this Park. Seasons may be absent elsewhere in Sri Lanka, but here you can read them by the flowers, which bloom in the spring (March to May) and the fall (August and September). These are the “seasons” when low-country folk flock to Nuwara Eliya to escape the sea level heat and humidity.
The Hakgala Botanical Garden (Ashok Vatika):- It was one of the pleasure gardens of King Ravana of the well-known epic Ramayana. This garden was expanded during the British period and has a wide variety of flowers including an excellent collection of orchid. This is the exotic pleasure garden where king Ravana kept the depressed Sita, insisting that she marry him. It was here where the heart-warming meeting took place between her and Hanuman, who brought her Rama’s ring with the news that Rama was looking for her. He offered to carry her back but she refused saying it would be an insult to Rama’s honour if he did so. Part of this majestic garden still exists. It is also said that Hanuman nearly destroyed it in order to prove to Ravana of the forces against him.
Seetha Amman Temple, Seetha Eliya.:– (Approximately 20 Minutes Drive): The stream that runs from the hill, catered to the needs of Sitadevi during her stay at Ashoka Vatika. She is said to have bathed in this stream. Now there is a temple erected for Lord Rama, Sitadevi, Luxshmana and Hanuman by the side of this stream. It is interesting to note that foot prints akin to Lord Hamunams are found by this river -some small and some large. Thereafter proceed to Divurumpola situated in Nuwara Eliya Welimada road.
Divurmpola (Approximately 1 Hrs Drive):- Divurmpola means a place where one takes an oath. Sitadevi, after being liberated from King Ravana was subjected to a test to prove here chastity by offering herself to the fire. However she came unscathed and proved her holiness during this ritual at this place.
Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple, Ramboda:- (Approximately 1 Hrs Drive) On these hills of Ramboda where Hanuman was searching for Sitadevi, the Chinmaya mission of Sri Lanka built a temple with Hanuman as the presiding deity. On every full moon day special pooja’s are conducted and witnessed by thousands of devotees.
Gayathri Pedam:- It is believed to be the place from where King Ravana’s son Meghanath propitiated Lord Shiva with penance and poojas and in turn was granted super natural powers by lord Shiva.
Kelaniya Temple:- After King Ravana’s death, Ravana’s brother Vibhishana, a supporter of Rama during the Lanka war, was coronated as a king of Lanka by Lakshmana at Kelaniya, because Lord Rama had to return to India to continue his self-exile of 14 years to fulfil the commitment to his father. Kelaniya is the closest Ramayana site to Colombo city. Apart from the Buddhist main shrine in Kelaniya there is a separate shrine for king Vibishana. There are murals enshrined outside the Buddhist temple depicting the crowning of Vibishana. Vibishana is considered to be one of the four guardian deities of Sri Lanka, the protector of the island’s west in particular.
Panchamuga AnjaneyarTemple:- A temple dedicated to Anjaneyar (Lord Hanuman) in Sri Lanka. This is the only temple in the world to have a chariot of Anjaneyar.
Colombo :- A drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree-lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street – the Goldsmith’s quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where there is a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings, and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens worth looking at. Also visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square.
Muneswaram Temple, Chilaw:- Munneswaram means the first temple for Shiva (Munnu + Eshwaran). A Shiva lingam was already erected here when lord Rama visited the place. So it is believed that Munneswaram predates the Ramayana, this means a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva was already existing here prior to Rama’s penance.
Manaweri Temple:- Manavari is the first lingam installed and prayed to by Lord Rama also called Ramalinga Shivan. Rama installed his first lingam for Shiva at Manavari which is about 5 kms from Munneswaram, near the banks of Deduru Oya. This was followed by the lingams at Thiru Koneshwaram in Trincomalee, Thiru Ketheeshwaram near Mannar, and Rameshwaram in India. These Tamil Ishwaram temples are traditional places of Shiva worship, but dedicated to Vishnu’s Avatar Lord Rama, too. They have a much more ancient history as places of Ramayana events than most of those newly discovered Ramayana Trail sites in the hill country.
1. Scanned Copy of Passport including First Page, Last Page and Orientation Page
|WHILE TRAVELING THE TOURIST SHOULD COMPULSORILY CARRY
1. Original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of application for the visa. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other. In case of a tourist is having previous issued passports the same is also to be carried.
|Details of Hotels :|
|FOR BOOKING CONTACT:
Online bookings can be done on this website itself . In case of any query related to the package one may contact our Tour Co-coordinator on the following numbers in the Office Hours between 10:00 Hrs to 18:00 Hrs -Dr. Achyut Singh @9717640636
Mr. Himanshu Bhatt @ 9717645650
For cancellation of your ticket, please log in to your account, select the Tour Confirmation Number of the ticket you wish to cancel and cancel your ticket from your booked history on line. Cancellation of your Ticket is possible only on the website www.irctctourism.com,. If the user wishes to cancel his / her ticket, following cancellation charges shall be applicable
|No. of days before commencement of Trip*||Total Deductions|
|30 days prior to departure date||20 % of the package cost|
|30-21 days prior to departure date||30 % of the package cost|
|20-15 days prior to the departure date||60 % of the package cost|
|14-08 days prior to the departure date||90 % of the package cost|
|Less than 07 prior to the departure date / No Show||100 % of the package cost|
|a) The request for name change will be treated as a fresh booking where confirmation will be subject to availability. Please note all bookings confirmed are non-transferable and will invite a cancellation charge as applicable.
b) The journeys are planned well in advance. We reserve the right to make changes to the program if necessary at any point of time. Should the minimum number of passengers not be met or due to certain operational reasons and conditions, we reserve the right to cancel the departure or amend the same. Most changes made by us would be minor, but on certain occasions there could be a possibility of making a significant change. A change is defined as significant if it involves a change of destination or date of departure. In such an eventuality, we would inform you as soon as possible and provide you with the following solutions:
1. Accepting the changed arrangements or
2. Cancelling or accepting the cancellation where you will receive a refund of the payment remitted to us. However, there will be no refund for any service such as pre / post accommodation, airline tickets, excursions, extensions etc. that have been booked by you and / or your Travel Agent.
3.In case if the journey of any passenger is cancelled / Not Performed due to rejection of VISA / Immigration Issues etc. , the refund will only be given of the amount which remains un utilized / balance with IRCTC Ltd. after the payment of services booked on account of passenger. The decision of refund and the calculation towards the same will be done on case to case basis.
4. In case of a ‘force majeure’ situation due to which a departure has to be cancelled, we regret there would be no refund of the money paid to us or reimbursement of any additional expenses incurred by you as a result of our cancellation / change.
|General Guidelines to the Passengers :-
1. Health advisory:
a. Senior citizen passenger must get their medical checkup before booking the tour b. Passengers above the age of 75 are required to accompany by an escort/family member of younger age.
2. Indian food is not guaranteed and local food may be served at destination. Tourist must be ready to accept the local food.
3. Cost of bed tea, packaged drinking water, evening tea etc will be borne by passengers only.
4. Hotel Check in time is 2 PM.
5. General Breakfast timings in hotels are 06:30 – 10:30 A.M.
6. Please avoid being Over drunk by intake of hard drinks during the flights to avoid any inconvenience during Visa on Arrival, Immigration and Custom Process.
7. Being a group tour package, personalized service is not viable; hence please converge with the group.
8. Kindly queue up while boarding the buses and don’t rush at the accommodation centre at the time of check-in. It is the duty of the co-passengers to provide seats first for the Handicapped and older people. Please do not request our representative for blocking any seat or specific room.
9. You should adhere to the time announced by the Tour Manager, failing which you will have to come to the next place on your own expenses.
10. Please keep patient and calm while journey and avoid any unlawful arguments. Speak politely to other tourists, staffs & officers on duty.
11. There may be changes in the sightseeing if any odd situation arises & the same has to be adhered to. In case of any problem arising due to some natural calamity or abnormal situation, alternate arrangements will be made for which extra cost is to be borne by the tourists.
12. Always carry your passport while traveling.
13. The passengers will have to bear all medical expenses incurred on them, if need arises.
14. Any other terms and conditions applied as may be decided by IRCTC at any point of time.
15. Hotels may change as per availability.
16. The airfares and taxes are calculated as on a mentioned date and any increase in the taxes or airfare will be borne by the customer.
17. The passport should be valid for minimum 6 months from the date of travel.
18. Package is non refundable after confirmation.
19. In case of cash payment of INR 25000/- or above, the Pan Card copy of the client is required.
20. Two passport size colour photographs and copy of passport will be required at the time of booking.
21. Package cost is calculated on lowest class Air Fare. Airline seat confirmation is subject to availability at time of booking. Any increase in air fare or air port taxes has to be borne by the client.
22. Above tour prices are subject to change in the event of increase in hotel room rates levy by the hotel especially during peak season / holiday surcharge and major events/ fairs and convention.
23. Double or twin is subject to availability and sole discretion of the hotel.
24. Passenger should get full briefing about the tour from IRCTC before/after the booking to avoid any confusion.
25. IRCTC is not liable for personnel expenses, boating, ropeway charges, porterage, theft, accidents etc.
26. Any other terms and conditions applied as may be decided by IRCTC at any point of time.
27. Passengers are requested to not make any unethical or indecent behavior/act, which can harm the image of our country oversees.
|For Booking contact:-
Online bookings can be done on this website itself . In case of any query related to the package one may contact our Tour Co-coordinator on the following numbers in the Office Hours between 10:00 Hrs to 18:00 Hrs –
Dr. Achyut Singh @9717640636
Mr. Himanshu Bhatt @ 9717645650
|100% payment at the time of booking will be required:-
On completion of the booking and payment formalities, a confirmation tour voucher will be generated.
You will have to pay all bank charges.
The prevailing rate of exchange on the date of the transaction would be applicable.
The IRCTC reserves the right to decline your booking / s for any Tour or to cancel your booking without assigning any reason.
The prices shown are based on known costs and exchange rates at the time of tour launching and IRCTC does not expect to have to make any changes. In case of unforeseen increase in national or local taxation or adverse fluctuation in currency exchange rates, affecting the cost structures of your journey, IRCTC reserves the right to impose a surcharge or revise the tour cost.
In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which we / the supplier of the service(s) in question / the Third Party Supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include disruptions/diversions of rail services, floods, earthquakes whether actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside the control of the party concerned.We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our agreement with you is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, ‘force majeure’
|OUR LIABILITY TO YOU:
IRCTC will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description whatsoever which results from:
1. the act(s) and / or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party; or
2. the act(s) and / or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your arrangements and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
3. any service or facility not arranged by us as part of our contract with you; or ‘force majeure’ as defined above.
|For assistance, contact:|