UTKRISHT EXPRESS TRAIN LIST
PROJECT UTKRISHT IN INDIAN RAILWAYS
SHALIMAR-PATNA DURONTO EXPRESS UPGRADED AS UTKRISHT
The 1st Utkrisht Rake in South Eastern Railway will run as 22213/22214 Shalimar-Patna Duronto Express eaving Shalimar today night (24.12.18). This is the 3rd rake to be upgraded as Utkrisht Rake over Indian Railways. Apart from this rake, the work of upgradation of rakes of 12245/12246 Howrah–Yesvantpur Duronto Express and 22891/22892 Howrah – Ranch Intercity Express are also in pipeline.
PROJECT UTKRISHT :
In order to improve the condition of coaches running in Mai/ Express trains, Indian Raiways launched “Project Utkrisht” in Apri, 2018 to upgrade 66 pairs of trains comprising of 140 rakes.
The cost of the upgraded each rake has been pegged at Rs. 60 Lakhs. Work is under progress in the 5 rakes of the above two trains at coaching depots of Padmapukur, Santragachi, and Hatia. It is targeted to compete the work in a the 5 rakes by the end of current financial year.
The up gradation work has been competed in 22213/22214 ShaLimar-Patna Duronto Express making it the first upgraded rake to be put in service by South Eastern Railway on date (24.12.18).
MAJOR FEATURES OF UP GRADATION
- Renewal of externa viny wrap
- Viny wrap in doorway area, inside toiets
- ED lighting
- Epoxy flooring inside toilets
- Interior painting renewal
- Soft push flush valves inside toilets
- Heath faucet in each toilet
- Frameess mirror
- Better sanitary fittings
- Retro-reflective destination boards
- Unified poster for passenger information
- Heritage photographs inside compartments
- Buffing of Stainless steel fittings
Leave a Reply